Makar Sankranti 2022 Date:
Makar Sankranti 2022 Date: Makar Sankranti is a famous festival for all religions. This year Makar Sankranti 2022 date will celebrate on Friday 14 January 2022. Every year this day The Sun is coming meets his son SHANI, whom he knows as the leader of Makar Rashi (Capricorn Zodiac sign).
Makar Sankranti is the first and famous festival in Bangalore and Orissa. We celebrated at the starting of the year January and its famous festival for Hindu religion and many people will call in different names Makar Sankranti or Uttarayan or Maghi or simply Sankranti. And there are two reasons why we celebrate this festival.
This festival we will celebrate uniquely, this festival follows the solar calendar so it falls on the same date, whereas another festival follows the lunar calendar for the date.
On this day everyone is doing flying kites, especially Odia people in ODISHA. At Odisha, it was called Makar Sankranti. This festival started in end of winter in January month. on this day all people are flying kite over the Sky and enjoyed this day this day.
See Also: Coronavirus prevention: Safety Tips & Prevention Measures
On this day Odia peoples are preparing Makara chaula in that they are mixing banana, coconut, jaggery, sesame, rasagola, Khai/Liaa, and chhena after being prepared they will serve to god for healthy, propriety, and wealth. In Konark temple that is devotees worship the sun god with fervor and enthusiasm.
Makar Sankranti Different Names in Different Places:
- In Assam, it’s called Magh Bihu
- In Odisha, it’s called Makara Sankranti
- In Punjab, it’s called Maghi/ Lohri
- In Himachal Pradesh, it’s called Maghi Saaji
- In Jammu, it’s called Maghi Sangrand or Uttarain (Uttarayana)
- In Haryana, it’s called Sakraat
- In Kashmir, it’s called Shishur Saenkraath
- In Tamil Nadu, it’s called Pongal
- In Gujarat, it’s called Uttarayan
- In Uttarakhand, it’s called Ghughuti
- In Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, it’s called Sankranthi
- In Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa, and West Bengal it’s called Poush Sankranti
- In Rajasthan and Western Madhya Pradesh, it’s called Malwa & Nimar
On this day people are taking baths in the Holy River like Ganga, Kaveri, Yamuna, Krishna, and Godavari. In this ritual, people are believed that past things whatever happens in their past lives, on this day they will worship the God SUN for success and prosperity.
One thought on “Makar Sankranti 2022 Date: Know About”
[…] cosmos on Ugadi, as per Hindu mythology. On the very 1st day of the Chaitra Navratri, a nine-day celebration honoring Goddess Durga’s nine manifestations is commemorated as Ugadi to commemorate Lord […]